- If applied:
This commit allows the user to compute:
- the Lamb vector (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_vector),
- on-the-fly or via postProcess utility
- for a given volVectorField (one per functionObject entry)
The motivation is the literature-reported quantitative connection
between the Lamb vector (divergence) and the spatially localised
instantaneous fluid motions, e.g. high- and low-momentum fluid
parcels, which possess considerable level of capacity to affect
the rate of change of momentum, and to generate forces such as drag.
- Smooth-wall plane channel flow case (Moser et al. 1999) by
# Curtis et al. (2008) On the Lamb vector divergence
in Navier–Stokes flows, doi:10.1017/S0022112008002760
- What's next:
- The verification-show case
- Extended code guide entry titled "Lamb vector"