MRF & interFoam issues
When using a MRF in combination with interFoam while doing a two phase simulation there is the following issue:
A) The fluid inside the MRF-region gets the rotational velocity of the MRF even if there is no geometry inside. I tried to build the MRF-region with snappy and topoSet but the output is the same.
B) It's not possible to update the MRF-Omega while the simulation is running
Steps to reproduce
- Take the DTC-Hull template Case with interFoam (tutorials/multiphase/interFoam/RAS/DTCHull)
- remove the hull geometry
- edit the snappyHexMeshDict and add a cellzone for the MRF
- add MRFProperties to constant and set the MRFRegion to the created cellzone, set omega to 100
see attached case HullMRF.zip
What is the current bug behaviour?
Fluid rotates inside the MRF region without physical reason. It is the same if there is a geometry inside the Region.
What is the expected correct behavior?
No roataional moving of the fluid caused to the MRF
Relevant logs and/or images
testet with : v1812 & v1912 ubuntu
- OpenFOAM version :v1812 & v1912
- Operating system :ubuntu
- Hardware info :
- Compiler :
We did some additional testing on that case
- We relpaced the Cylinder trough a searchableBox in SnappyHexMesh
- no refinement on the cellZone MRFRegion
- turn off all feature snapping
- moved the box completely in the water domain
Mesh is undisturbed and has a good quality
- multiple omegas
In the attached pictures we see a strange curl velocities at the edges of region.
The last picture is showing some glyphs at the beginnig of the MRF. Can it be, that there is something going on with the correctBoundaryVelocity when a cell has two or more faces with the nonRotating region?